Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sisters and Spiders Don't Mix

sols_6-21.jpg
I hate spiders. There is nothing more disgusting to me than spiders. They are ugly with their hairy bodies, 8 legs and beady little eyes that stare at you with the intent on your death. My youngest sister decided that she wanted a tarantula for a pet. Why? I have no idea except that maybe being the youngest sister, she wanted to torture her oldest sister, me. The day she brought the spider home, I had no idea she had even bought one. She had told me she had a surprise in her room for me and that I was going to love it. I was excited for I had no idea what was in her bedroom. I went into her room and there was something underneath a blanket. I asked her what was under it. Was it a gerbil? Was it a cute little animal that I would adore? The look on my face was probably the priceless look of horror when she lifted the blanket and there sat the biggest, nastiest spider I had ever seen. I was upset and vowed to not enter her room anymore and if the spider escaped its cage, I would climb out of my two story house window to escape the wrath of the 8 legged creature.

5 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at this--but not at you. I have a sister and I swear she would have gotten a spider just to get a horrified look from my face every day of the week. It will definitely be something you laugh about! Unless one of you gets bitten...they bite, right? I'm with you: ICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is some sister you've got! I loved watching this whole story play out in my head as I read it. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too HATE spiders - except perhaps Charlotte of Charlotte's Web fame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that sounds awful! I hate spiders so much, this made me itchy just reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she had it waiting under the blanket! It would have been bad enough if it would have been sitting in the cage from a distance.

    ReplyDelete