Monday, February 3, 2014

8 Motivating Tips for Teachers!!

On Thursday of this week, I arrived at my class to learn all about the PLC's by our district superintendent and the PLC coach. As exciting as this class may be at times (cough cough) it is something we as teachers should be aware of and can really help our future teaching. One thing that really hit me was this list that was read about the top 8 tips for beginning teachers, as well as good tips in general for teachers. I will definitely keep this list with me and for those who do not have it, I feel this is very motivating!

1. Love Education! (what it truly comes down to…the kids!)
2. Find those that'll help you. 
3. Pick and choose the news you read.
4. Know your limits.
5. Never close your door.
6. Support!
7. Pick your battles.
8. Don't get sucked in negatively!

4 comments:

  1. This blog post really hit home with me. I am a teaching student and hearing about the current state of the educational system is scary and intimidating. These eight tips made me remember what is important and these are tips I will definitely follow. Most importantly, I am becoming a teacher because of the children, and I will never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, and definitely something that I'd need to reread often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips for teachers...new and seasoned! I especially like numbers 7 and 8. Sometimes just remembering those two things will make a world of difference in how you feel at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were great tips. I agree with Robin, everyone should remember what the goal of a teacher is and we should all embrace our goal to be a teacher, new or seasoned.

    ReplyDelete